Kids always seem to need to be entertained but the beauty with Foxton and Foxton beach is the small town lifestyle give them plenty to do.
Here are our top 10 things to do and it won’t cost a fortune:
- Take a dip at the Foxton community pool, located down the main street of Foxton township
- Make sand castles at the beach. Get creative, don’t just use sand but make forts and towers from drift wood as well.
- Hit the mountain bike track through the forest. This is located off Cousions Ave, Foxton beach.
- 4. Grab a hand line and some bait and head down to the wharf on the estuary. Even if you don’t have fishing experience the team at Tackle tactics or Fishing charters will talk you through it
- 5. Visit our historical wind mill, De Molen. This is one of many historic parts of the town. The windmill has recently been restored. There is a $3 charge for kids to take a tour around the 3 tiered structure. The will find the mechanics of this beast fascinating.
- 6. The classic horse and cart is on display in this area. Check the time table for carriage rides down the historical main street.
- 7. Nothing beats an ice cream on a hot summers day. Simply Barmy has it’s ice cream parlour open every weekend during the summer, serving up all the kiwi classics.
- 8. Hit the skate park. This skate bowl was once home to our grandparents roller discos and is now in tip top shape for skating. Scooters, skates, boards and bicycles welcome.
- 9. Sunday is a day of family and sharing. Send the kids to the little white rabbit for $10 Margarita pizza every Sunday
- 10. Play a game of lawn bowls. Open 7 days a week from 10am the lawn is played with tradition, discipline and charm.