Activities to keep the Kids excited and entertained whilst they enjoy the beauty of Foxton and Foxton Beach over the summer: See you here at Foxotn and Foxton Beach.
Here are our top 10 things to do and it won’t cost a fortune:
- Take a dip at the Foxton community pool, located in Main Street, Foxton.
- Make sand castles at the beach. Get creative, build sun shelters, towers and forts with drift wood, make word art on the sand;
- Hit the mountain bike track through the forest. This is located off Cousins Ave, Foxton Beach
- Grab a hand line and some bait and head down to the wharf on the estuary. Even if you don’t have fishing experience the team at Tackle Tactics or Fishing charters will talk you through it
- Visit the full size 17th century replica Dutch historical De Molen wind mill at Te Awahou Riverside Cultural Park. For a small donation you can take a self-guided tour of the upper levels and see the working parts of the mill. Group visits and guided tours are recommended and welcome by prior arrangement. See our friendly staff or contact us for more information on guided tours.
- Visit Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom to enjoy an exciting mix of recreation and connection with a special emphasis on Te Awahou- Foxton heritage.
- Hit the skate park. This skate bowl was once home to our grandparents roller discos and is now in tip top shape for skating. Scooters, skates, boards and bicycles welcome.
- After the skate park hit the adrenaline pumping pump track. Post a selfie – where are you – Foxton!
- $10 margarita pizza ? 12-2 on a Wednesday Little White Rabbit
- Take a walk along Sunset Parade and glory in the beauty of the Manawatu Estuary.